Ways to Give
"I wouldn't leave Wesley Woods if you offered me the Taj Mahal"
"When you give to Wesley Woods, you assure that older adults experience all the dignity and love that they experienced when they were younger."
Wesley Woods is a non-profit - solely focused on the mission and ministry of caring for elders throughout North Georgia. But the life-changing work of Wesley Woods doesn't happen without the generosity and support of caring donors.
We rely on donations from individuals, foundations, church congregations and businesses to fund benevolence care to those whose assets have become consumed by medical bills or who have simply outlived their savings, an increasingly common scenario as people live longer. Can you imagine having the health to live independently with dignity and purpose, but the fear of not being able to afford and experience a fulfilling life?
You gifts also support programs like wellness and chaplaincy, as well as ongoing improvements to our communities.
Without the support of others, those who call Wesley Woods home wouldn't have all that they need to live independent lives full of grace and purpose.
How can I give?
- Personal Contributions – A financial gift in support of Wesley Woods is the easiest way to give and is tax-deductible. Checks can be mailed directly to the Foundation of Wesley Woods (1817 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30329) or made online here.
- Legacy Giving – To invest in the long-term support of Wesley Woods, consider making a donation through your will, trust, retirement plan or other estate plan, giving you the opportunity to make legacy gifts now and after your lifetime. These gifts serve as a fiscal cornerstone for the long-range plans, benevolence care program, and service to future generations of older adults. To learn about the best way to benefit through your planned gift, visit our legacy giving page.
- Tribute Gifts - You can make donations to Wesley Woods in honor and in memory of a loved one, as you celebrate accomplishments, birthdays, anniversaries, and other special days like Mother's Day, Father's Day, and Grandparents Day. These gifts are a great way to not only keep the spirit of that person alive, but also to allow Wesley Woods to serve more older adults. To make an honor or memorial gift, click here.
- Gifts of stock may be transferred to Merrill Lynch Wealth Management account 70B-04B44, DTC Number 5198. Please notify the Foundation office at 404.728.6857 with the type of stock being transferred and fund designation so that we can match your intentions. Should you need direct assistance from Merrill Lynch, please contact Kenny Budd at 770.858.1217. For information regarding stock certificates, mutual fund gifts, closely held gifts, or any questions or concerns about your donation, please contact Kelli Naughton, at 404.728.6857 or email@example.com.
- Be an Advocate for Older Adults – With the ever increasing number of older adults in North Georgia, the need for ambassadors and advocates to grow awareness of the critical issues facing them today and tomorrow is needed now more than ever. If you're interested in hosting intimate events like a house reception or larger events like a benefit concert, or need a spokesperson for a seminar or Sunday School class, contact Dixie Wedding at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 728-6290.
- Volunteer – The gift of time is a wonderful way to extend kindness and love to those who need it most. There are a variety of ways you can help, with no prior job experience necessary. Come contribute the skills you already have and experience the happy side of aging. To learn how you can help meet the needs of our residents, contact Kelly Harris at email@example.com or (404) 728-6204.
What does my gift do?
- Provides a home in a safe, supportive community of care for those living below the poverty level.
- Alleviates poverty and homelessness in older adults.
- Provides higher levels of care and meal plans for those who have the greatest need.
- Lets an older adult remain in their Wesley Woods home, even if they have outlived their financial resources.
- Funds the first outcomes-based senior health and wellness program in the Southeast.
- Provides chaplaincy services helping those we serve cope with loss.
- Enriches the lives of others and helps our seniors feel relevant, loved and valued.
How do my financial gifts make a difference?
- Every $100 gives a day of personal care for a resident in need.
- Every $170 gives a community a wellness nurse for one day.
- Every $250 gives two weeks of transportation services for a HUD community.
- Every $500 gives one month of chaplaincy services to a community -OR- A week of independent living for a resident who has exhausted their sources.
- Every $1,000 gives a week of Pastoral Care for a resident without the means to afford it on their own -OR- delivers one week of wellness and exercise for a community.
- Every $2,500 gives two HUD communities a week with an on-site Wellness Nurse.
- Every $5,000 gives one month of personal care for all residents of two HUD communities.
- Every $6,000 received delivers one year of meals and rental assistance for a senior in need.
- Every $10,000 provides one month of skilled nursing care to an older adult without financial resources.